Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4 miles I think

The ol Garmin I was raving about yesterday died on me as I was starting my run. Thought it had plenty of juice but I was wrong. Need to be better about checking I guess. This is the first mid-week run that is of longer length than the Tuesday and Thursday run. It grows at a faster rate than the mid-week runs of the Novice 2 schedule I followed last marathon. I think this will pay off in the long run, although I reserve the right to tinker to try to build more base miles. I have been told by someone I trust that longer mid-week runs is one of the keys to getting better at this so I plan to try to make sure I build more as I go.

The run itself was not too bad. Again I did feel pressure for the entire run, but only a few moments of pain.The place I believe I went wrong was in my strength training afterwards. I need to not try to lift with the legs after a run while I am healing. It really had some adverse affect on me today. I have been battling some pretty solid pain since I got home at 7:10 this morning. It finally died down after about 4:00 PM and feels fine now. I am hoping I will be ok to make it through my three miles tomorrow.

The route.....sort of:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=E+Harney+St&daddr=E+Harney+St+to:Univertsity+of+Wyoming+to:E+Grand+Ave%2FUS-30+to:E+University+Ave+to:41.31437,-105.578249+to:N+13th+St&hl=en&geocode=Fap4dgIdaga1-Q%3BFRGBdgIdr1C1-Q%3BFYBmdgIdXE-1-Q%3BFWBZdgIdluO0-Q%3BFdxhdgIdwfm0-Q%3B%3BFYp0dgId-Pq0-Q&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=5&sz=16&via=1,2,3,4,5&sll=41.31474,-105.581145&sspn=0.007817,0.019205&ie=UTF8&z=16

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sean -- When you can (and if you want), can you post some info about your plan? Maybe total mileage, long run mileage, etc. (by week)...
    Sounds like you are doing this already, but in the tradeoff between knee health and miles, favor your knee health (especially early in your plan)!

    ReplyDelete