Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nervous Thursday

So Thursdays have been the run day that have given me the most trouble. The IT Band just always seems to be so tender that a half mile in the pain gets rough. I was concerned about how it would go. I have been trying some different approaches to stretching. I am starting to suspect that I am stretching too much too soon and actually making the problem worse. I decided to try not stretching until the end of the run to make sure the muscles is warmed up and a little more pliable. I am also trying to make sure I work my stride so it causes the least amount of pain when I am running.

I would be lying if I said there was no pain for the entire run, but it was a very dull ache that is really easy to manage. It reminded me of the pain I had for a couple of months before the Colorado Marathon. To be honest I am a little encourage....

The fact that I made it through the run without the excruciating pain that had happened the previous two wees makes me happy. I did spend some solid time after the run, stretching and using the foam roller to try and stretch it out. Friday it did not feel great after yoga, but by mid afternoon, I felt nothing at all and that pleases me.

I went to a wedding up in South Dakota and did my Saturday run in Rapid City....I will give an update on that when I get home.

So my mileage for this week:

Tue - 3
Wed - 4
Thur - 3
Sat - 5

Everything is on track at the moment....

No comments:

Post a Comment